Now that school has started, your house is getting a break from having the kids at home all day during the summer months. The pitter-patter of feet upstairs, the muffled sounds of the TV in the living room and the beeping from the microwave have all disappeared, just like those summer days.
In the quiet atmosphere of the house now, you can hear a pin drop.
Or a faucet drip.
Or a pipe hiss.
Or a drain gurgle.
While you and your family are away from the house more now, there’s a higher chance of a water or gas leak going undetected. Undetected leaks can lead to higher water bills, but that may be the least of your worries. Water leaks can cause rotting within your home’s structure. If mildew and mold set in, repair can run in to the thousands of dollars Gas leaks are even more dangerous, because they can potentially cause fires, explosions and serious health issues after prolonged exposure.
Finding and fixing leaks quickly is important to your home’s value, your family’s health and your sanity. If you have any of the following problems, contact Mr. Plumber for an expert home inspection:
- Water meter continues to spin when no water is being used
- Damage or standing water near appliances like the refrigerator, dishwasher and washing machine
- Natural gas odor (smells like rotten eggs)
- Hissing sounds coming from gas appliances
- Bubbles or damage to gas hoses or connections
Sewer line leaks:
- Gurgling sound coming from drains
- Sewage odor
- Constantly-changing water levels in the toilet bowl
- Murky water in sinks and tubs
Getting back to school can also mean going to school on your pipes with an expert inspection from Mr Plumber.
Our plumbers and leak-detection specialists can help you identify any problems so you can avoid the costly, damaging and dangerous consequences of undetected leaks.